Beaufort and Skipton Health Service have an Audiologist service.
Audiology services are located in:
Beaufort just off the Western Highway on Havelock Street, Beaufort and in
Skipton just off the Glenelg Highway on Blake Street, Skipton
Audiologists are specialists who assess how people hear, and use various technologies and therapies to help people with hearing and balance problems.
What services are provided by Audiologists?
- Assessment for sensory aids, cochlear implants and other surgically implanted devices
- Assessment and therapy for people with tinnitus (noises in the ear or head)
- Counselling, and plans, to assist communication when hearing loss is present
- Full hearing assessments for babies and children
- Specialist hearing aid practice with children and people with complex hearing problems
- Specialist rehabilitation programs for people with complex hearing problems
- Assessment of workplace hearing injury
- Hearing aid fitting
- Standard audiometry tests
- Provision of hearing protection devices
- Noise measurement
- Preliminary hearing checks
Testing is currently conducted by Hearing Australia and is a free service for all concession card holders. Free testing is available for non-concession card holders with the purchase of any required aids through an alternative agency. There is no requirement for a referral and all that is needed when attending appointment is a current Medicare and concession cards.
Beaufort Medical Practice
03 5349 1610
Skipton Medical Practice
03 5340 1110