Beaufort and Skipton Health Service has a credentialed Diabetes Educator.
The Beaufort Diabetes Educator is located at the Medical Practice in the Havelock Street, Beaufort. The Skipton Diabetes Educator is located at the Medical Practice in Blake Street, Skipton.
What services does a Diabetes Educator provide?
- Provides information and support for people with diabetes such as:
- Explaining what diabetes is
- Assistance with the ‘day to day’ management of your diabetes
- Teaching blood glucose monitoring including: getting set up, what the results mean and what can affect the results
- Providing information and explanation on various types of medications and insulin
- Problem solving, to help the person take control of their diabetes
This service is available on Mondays, at the Beaufort and Skipton Medical Practices.
No fee will be charged if you have a referral from your GP, as part of your Diabetes GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement.
What should I bring along to my appointment?
It is helpful if you are able to bring a list of current medications, your blood glucose record book, blood glucose meter and equipment, to your initial appointment with the diabetes educator.
Beaufort: Alternate Mondays: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Skipton: Alternate Mondays: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Out of Hours please call afterhours GP helpline 1800 022 222.
In a medical emergency always call 000.